This information, provided pursuant to art. 13 of the European Regulation 679/2016 of the European Parliament and of the Council, complies with the provisions of Legislative Decree 196/2003 of the Italian Republic and subsequent amendments, with the Provision of the Data Protection Authority no. 229 of 8 May 2014, as well as with Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
This information is effective from the date of publication on the website, i.e. 25 May 2018.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are data created on a server which are stored in text files on your computer’s hard disk and allow the operation of this website, the use of a specific functionality explicitly requested by the user; that is, they allow us to enhance the operation of this website, such as for example cookies which make the browsing faster or show content which could be of interest to the user depending on their previous choices. Cookies can be permanent (persistent cookies) but can also have a limited duration (session cookies). This website uses both persistent and session cookies. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your computer and disappear when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies help customise browsing, depending on the device used by the user (computer, tablet, smartphone), as well as third-party cookies which are used to analyse site access (e.g. Google Analytics) and allow users to share the site content through social media networks (Facebook) or email (Add This). These cookies are stored permanently on your computer and have a variable duration.
Types of Cookies
The Provision of the Guarantor for the protection of personal data no. 229 of 8 May 2014, published in the Official Journal no. 126 of 3 June 2014, classed cookies into two macro-categories: “technical” cookies and “profiling” cookies.
TECHNICAL COOKIES, normally installed by the website controller or manager, have the purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of a service or an information society explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service” (see article 122, paragraph 1 of the Privacy Code).
The installation of these cookies does not require users’ prior consent. Technical cookies are further divided into:
- Navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for instance, purchases or login to protected areas). These cookies are not stored permanently on the device used by the user and are automatically deactivated when the browser is closed. Their use is linked to the transmission of identification data which are necessary to allow safe and efficient navigation on the pages. Session cookies do not in any way allow the acquisition of the personal identification data of the user.
- Analytics cookies, used to collect information on the use of the website, in anonymous form and to obtain a statistical analysis of both the pages viewed and the users’ behaviour. This anonymous analysis provides information and suggestions to improve the quality of the website and to make the content which is most sought after and most interesting to users easily accessible. Analytics cookies can be sent both from the website and from third-party domains and do not in any way allow the acquisition of personal identification data. Analytics cookies, if installed by third parties (e.g. Google analytics), even if they collect data anonymously, are similar to profiling cookies, as indicated by the Guarantor for the protection of personal data.
- Functionality cookies: they are similar to technical cookies to the extent that they are used directly by the manager of the website to gather aggregated information about the number of users and how they visited the website. These cookies allow the user to browse according to a set of selected criteria (for example, language) in order to improve the service rendered to them.
In the same provision, the Guarantor has also categorised cookies according to the subject who acts as the data controller of the personal data collected by the cookie, distinguishing between “first-party” and “third-party” cookies.
These are cookies managed by the controller of the website. For these cookies, the requirements outlined in the report are the responsibility of the controller of the website. The controller is also responsible for indicating the potential methods for blocking said cookies.
These are cookies managed by a third party other than the controller of the website. For these cookies, it is up to the third party to provide proper information, while the controller of the website is obliged to report the link to the website of said third party where these elements are available on the website.
For both types of cookies (first-party or third-party) the required consent, which is necessary if the cookie is a profiling one, is carried out via a specific banner on the homepage of the website.
Types of cookies used on our website
The first group lists the so-called technical cookies, the use of which, as mentioned above, does not require the user’s consent. The second group lists the profiling cookies.
For both groups, the following information is reported for each cookie type:
- cookie name
- function performed by the cookie
- indication if the cookie is first-party or third-party
- if the cookie is third party, information on the link through which you can reach the third-party website displaying the third-party information about the personal data processing collected through the cookie and an explanation on how to block the cookie
- cookie expiration.
The website www.oliodiostuni.it uses the following cookies:
|_icl_current_language||Change of user language||24 hours||first|
|wpml_referer_url||Multilanguage management of the website||24 hours||first|
We do not exchange cookies with external websites or external data providers.
Google Analytics Cookies
Google Adwords & Google Remarketing Cookies
Finally, the user can disable Google Analytics cookies by downloading a specific browser plug-in available at the following url https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The user can object to the registration of persistent cookies on their hard disk by configuring the navigation browser in order to disable cookies. Find out how to disable cookies in the main browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera. After this operation, however, some web page functions may not be performed correctly.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES ARE DATA PROCESSED?
The data collected by the Data Controller are used to:
- count the number of visitors to the website;
- check if you have operated through e-mail or through a link;
- verify how successful a specific advertising campaign has been;
- establish particular levels of interest for particular sections or aspects of the website or for particular products and services available on this website;
- understand how popular a product or service is and the level of variation in interest between the particular products and services of the controller;
- improve the use of the website and record statistics on its use, as well as profile the Data Subject; register the Data Subject on the website oliodiostuni.it;
- send communications of a commercial nature regarding the activity carried out and the services offered by the company Oleificio Cooperativo di Ostuni Soc.
The data may also be processed through automated decision-making processes, such as profiling, in order to improve navigation and the offer to the customer.
For more information on privacy click here.